Kids and Teen Beginner Sewing ClassSundays 1:30-2:45-Machine sewing classes for kid beginner learners
Cost:$60.00 – $100.00 per person
Schedule:Every Sunday for 6 weeks @1:30-2:45
About this experience
Welcome to beginner sewing for kids! Learning to sew on a machine can be a very rewarding and useful skill. Children who take this course will learn basic sewing machine operations, change sewing machine feet and use the stitch selector on a sewing machine. Step by step instruction is given for them to learn sewing machine operation and safety.
This course is a prerequisite course for all other machine sewing courses and sewing camps for kids.
Recommended age 10-16
- Needlebook – Learn basic hand stitching and how to sew on a button.
- Tote bag – Show off your newly acquired sewing machine skills to create a tote.
Skill Level: Beginner
Schedule: 6 Classes – 1:15-minute sessions (1hr instruction 15 minutes for clean up/wrap up at the end)
Session 1 dates:
9/4, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25 , 10/2, 10,9
(when you become aware of a schedule conflict, please let me know ASAP, and we can work something out for a smooth continued learning experience for the student.)
Class Size: Maximum 2 students.
Class Fee: $20 per class. Fee includes the use of classroom sewing machines, use of basic sewing supplies and materials and instruction.
*Class times were created with the idea that learning to sew should be enjoyable and not rushed. You might not finish your projects in the allotted time and that’s okay. If you don’t finish you can sign up to come back during an open sew day to finish at no additional charge.
A discount of $20 will be given for the "Pay in full" option.
Alternative option of "Pay in two" will split the full cost of $120 into two $60 payments. First payment of $60 will be to reserve your place in the course. The second payment of $60 is due by September 25th for session one students.
- Your class payment reserves your spot.
- No refunds are offered for classes or camps. Cancellations received two weeks before class will be able to transfer their fees to another camp or class. Cancellations received less than one week before class starts, or no-shows may forfeit their class fees entirely.
- If you miss a class you may be able to make up the class or sign up for a time slot on an Open Sew day, subject to available space.
- If Rhyme & Prose needs to cancel a class we will issue a refund in the manner in which you paid or we can reschedule.
- Classes are subject to change or cancellation based on low attendance, unforseen health crisis, inclement weather.